Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the future for CMOS Analog IC Designers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
High frequency digital is analog circuit

anyone ever read the article on the 2004 Dec tissue of Semiconductor International²
some interesting comments about nanotech and preview of microele in that era. very interesting idea about the essential tech requirement interfacing the upper level and nano level.

I think ADC and DAC's will always be interesting for analog designers and also verilog or vhdl or avhdl is good to know because of its wide use but also power supllies and band gap references.

mbright

Can you provide me some related documents about DC/DC converter (on chip).

Thanks in advance.

Power Management and Data Converter is very hot at present. Everyone cann't master all analog region's knowledge.

I think that AI and softcomputing is a promissing era for electronic and computer engineers. The softcomputing inculdes many fields such as fuzzy logic neural networks and genetic algorithms. For those who design ICs it is big challenge to make a neurofuzzy chip or even more a genetic-neurofuzzy modeller in a chip.

with the increasing speed of Digital circuit design, some digital design should be analyzed in Analog filed.

But the market of CMOS image sensors is monopolized.

globaleda said:
how about CMOS image sensors?
I saw a fast growing market these five years.

When CMOS (RF ) reaches 30nm ( 15nm) the technology will be ended for Silicon devices...
Then perhaps biological proteins,aminoacids will play roles but very far from today...

i don't think cmos will get down that low.

there is so much money at stake so companies want to go down that low but what for ? they stopped mesfets in gaas at .15 um and saw going lower was meaningless.

i think the reason the semiconductor industry has peaked is because we are all realizing this now.

cmos is like steel, can't do much more with it anymore.

Low power solution for protable application will be very very hot!!

is anyone using 65nm or 90nm for any complicated designs?

i have heard CAD program can't even come up with solutions for this...

how about biomedical ASIC Chips or lab on a chip.
I think them will be focus on.

Puppet1 said:
is anyone using 65nm or 90nm for any complicated designs?

i have heard CAD program can't even come up with solutions for this...

hi Puppet1

They have developed BSIM4 to take care of the effects present in sub 100nm technologies. I will be able to tell you how good the models are in about..3months

Regards

hey cretu

is that for rf applications or mixed signal?

Puppet1 said:
hey cretu

is that for rf applications or mixed signal?

It is for mixed signal applications. However..I don't see the reason it can't be used for the RF as well. I have to admit that until I see silicon..it's not sure how good the models are

In the next website you will find a new application of IC

**broken link removed**

Clockless technology enables new applications.

there is a lot of research and has been a lot of research in asynchronous design but is it really working and making anything product wise (clockless)

Hi all..

FIrst of ll thanks, I'll be graduating next semester..very nice to hear all this for my preparation.

Well from my view, RFIC is hot now day like others comm. devices..UWB, bluetoth,etc.

But in term of time biomedical devices is for sure a stable product, come on...with our life style today...people do get sick..and if EE cna contribute for cheaper and more accurate or safe devices...we had give the world a great benefit.

YEs, we do need to have a bio background but it's not as deep as our knowledge in electronics.

p/s I hope my biology subject I've taken 5 years ago still cna help me :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back