Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] modelsim does not load any libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

3wais

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I started modelsim to find no libraries loaded,not even IEEE standard libraries, only my work library that I added using vlib but nothing more.
The libraries list in gui is empty.

Is there something wrong with my modelsim.ini file ?? the file is located at $modeltech and I haven't changed or altered it in anyway.
View attachment modelsim.ini.zip

Last edited:

I think the library files were excluded during installation.. try updating from the net or try any other version.

The libraries were working fine until one time they are just not there !!

I have not changed the modelsim.ini file in any way, But after the problem appeared I have tried to create an environment variable $MODEL_TECH (the one found in modelsim.ini) and map it to my installation folder and to the bin folder, No luck though. Same problem still exists!!

Maybe your file has corrupted I think so... Try reinstalling or check with those who have installed this already...

Problem solved.

I was using $MODELSIM=/PATH/TO/INSTALLATION in my .bashrc file.
modelsim looks for the license file in $MODELSIM=/PATH/TO/LICENSE.dat and if not found it uses the original one in the installation. setting the path to the right file solves the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back