Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys DC area report error: Net Interconnect area: undefined (Wire load has zero net area)

Ddddd248

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a newbie for Synopsys DC, I try to calculate the area and power for my design. But I got some error in my area report "Net Interconnect area: undefined (Wire load has zero net area)". And I have attached my tcl, setup, and constrain file. I wonder where my mistake caused this error.
constrain.png
setup.png
tcl.png

Hi,

text as picture..
* causes a lot bigger file size
* makes it impossible to do a text search
* makes it impossible to compile/validate the code
* makes it impossible to do copy_and_paste

Klaus

you are not providing DC with any file/configuration that describes the technology, so it cannot understand how the wires behave and how to estimate the wirelength.

you are not providing DC with any file/configuration that describes the technology, so it cannot understand how the wires behave and how to estimate the wirelength.
Thanks for your reply. As the "lib" file shows, I think this library already defines the technology. Should I also need to define it in my script?

Shows in the "lib" file
wire_load("5K_hvratio_1_1") {
capacitance : 1.774000e-01;
resistance : 3.571429e-03;
slope : 5.000000;
fanout_length( 1, 1.7460 );
fanout_length( 2, 3.9394 );
fanout_length( 3, 6.4626 );
fanout_length( 4, 9.2201 );
fanout_length( 5, 11.9123 );
fanout_length( 6, 14.8358 );
fanout_length( 7, 18.6155 );
fanout_length( 8, 22.6727 );
fanout_length( 9, 25.4842 );
fanout_length( 11, 27.0320 );
}

default_wire_load : "5K_hvratio_1_1" ;

I don't see where this "lib" file is read by your script
this looks like a liberty file, not a .db file

have you tried to use commands like:
set_wire_load_model and set_wire_load_mode ?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back