Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magma Timing Issue with calculation of latency values !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
magma io latency

Hi All !!

I am using config timing adjust latency to model source latency in my design.I have a multiple clock design.
On the basis of this it calculates certain latency values (best : XXXX worst:XXXX).

My query is on what basis are these values calculated?
What is the logic/algorithm/fundamental the tool follows to calculate these.

I will be greatful for a quick reply.
Thanks in Advance,
Abhi

Re: Magma Timing Issue !!

refer to the man page for "run timing adjust latency", it's same idea as "set IO latency" in Astro/Apollo, only valuable after clock tree synthesis.

Magma will take the weighted average values of cells across path to calculate latency.

config timing adjust latency (medium, average,bundary_medium,bundary_average etc.), depend on your config,the result is different. for example, if you set as bundary_medium, latency values (best : XXXX worst:XXXX) is the medium value for insertion delay for all FF related IO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back