Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If anybody need help in EAGLE, ask me in this POST !

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to use adc0808 from national semiconducter but it's not available on my eagle library...i tried to search the lbr file from cadsoft..but cant find it either...can you help me?

Try the "linear.lbr" library. One hint for finding components. In the Eagle control panel right click and "select all libraries". Then in the schematic, go to place a component and in the search box type the part number you are looking for. You can use wild cards such as ADC* or ADC08*

Keith.

Hi,
I have a question about silkscreen and pads, is it ok to run silkscreen over pads like this?
I don't care if the silkscreen print will be destroyed or what:
h t t p://dl.dropbox.com/u/231367/silk%20screeing%20problem.png

snapshot inside view plot.

If it does matter, how can I remove the silkscreen part of the Oscillator crystal?
So it will not run over the pads. I'm using Eagle 5.10, just new to this and haven't tried a pcb with silk screen yet.

Regards,

You don't want the silk screen over the pads for three reasons - 1. you won't be able to see it, 2. it could prevent soldering 3. you won't be able to get some components on the PCB because the other components prevent it.

The PCB manufacturer I use automatically clips the silk screen away from pads, so I don't worry about it. If your PCB manufacturer doesn't do that then you need to remove it. I am not sure about the best way of doing that. One method recommended is to use the "copy-silk" ULP to copy the silk screen to another layer where you can edit it. I would suggest checking with your PCB manufacturer first though to see if they will automatically fix the problem anyway.

Keith.

do you know where to find the pin header box in eagle library? since my board require a pin HD box so when i use ordinary pin HD a lot of tName or value around the pin HD was unvisualize...thx

Have a look in the con-ml.lbr (Harting) - there are boxed headers in there.

Keith.

Hi,

question =) : I would like to add PIC 18F452 I/P (DUAL40 I think) to my sheet ... but where could I find the component ? If you have a library ...

Thanks =)

Beginning Embedded Electronics - 10 - SparkFun Electronics

see this link you will find your ans. that is best

---------- Post added at 03:37 ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 ----------

I think for the eagle bigging every one must go through SparkFun tutorial.
Just 3 pages and you can start your project very well.
Lecture 8 - Eagle: Schematics Beginning Embedded Electronics - 8 - SparkFun Electronics
Lecture 9 - Eagle: PCB Layout Beginning Embedded Electronics - 9 - SparkFun Electronics
Lecture 10 - Eagle: Creating a new part Beginning Embedded Electronics - 10 - SparkFun Electronics
Thanks.

You need to double check it yourself but the 18F4550 looks like the same pinout. That is in the Microchip library included with Eagle.

Keith.

Which library? I can't find it ! =(

edit : ow the 18F4550 ... i'll check it, thanks

Last edited:

I've used the PIC18F4X2 DIL40 from the PIC18F4X2 library ;) I hope it's that ...

Another question =) : Audio jack ... where can I find one ?

edit : I've found the jack 150309
but I don't know how to connect it oO

Last edited:

Last edited:

I don't understand the problem. The Eagle diagram seems quite clear. Pin 1 is the sleeve, pin 2 is the tip and 3 is the ring. Pin 4 will be broken from pin 2 when the connector is inserted and pin 5 will be broken from pin 3. The same diagram is shown in the datasheet.

Keith.

So pin 1 GND
pin 2 ROUT
pin 3 LOUT

right ?

Another question please :D
A jack for supply ... where can I find one in eagle ? I don't know if you understand what I mean ..
Instead of using a 9V battery, i want to use a 9V DC power sector ;) so I need a special jack ...
Thanks =)

Yes, those are the right jack connections.

There are some DC jacks but I will not be able to check until I am back at work. It may be in con-jack.lib, I am not sure.

Keith

Oh you're right ! There are some ;) But I don't know which one to choose ?oO and where can I buy one ... (I'm French =p )
And how to connect them ... even if I think pin number 1 to GND and pin number 3 to the circuit ...

if I stay on the 9V battery ... here is the scheme I made on eagle ... so about an FM reciever
View attachment fm.zip i've connected the jack to lm358 (in the datasheet https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/General/LM358.pdf page 11 I took the "non inverting DC gain" ... I don't know what "1/2 lm358" means ..)... as we have just 100mV audio output. i don't know if it's right ... the lm358s and the rest ...
Please if you could check =)

Last edited:

The LM358 has two opamps in it so "1/2 LM358" means you are only using one of the opamps. The other is free. I don't know where you can buy the DC connectors in France. I guess you will have Farnell or RS Components in France but there will be minimum order charges and postage so it may be an expensive option.

Keith.

Oh ok ! So how can I use the other one in it ? Because when I add the lm358 in eagle, i have its scheme ... I connect it as I did in the .zip I send in my last message ... but I added another one to ROUT ... how could I use just one for both pins, LOUT and ROUT ?

thanks =)

edit : ow ok ok ... "invoke" it gives me the 2 other components ...
hmm so I connect the other one instead of the new I placed ..

But for the + and - ... so pins number 4 and 8 : 4 to GND and 8 to +3.3Vcc or +5Vcc ?

Last edited:

Sorry, I don't understand the question. If you mean you want to access the other half of the LM358 then you use the "invoke" command. You can click the icon (somewhere on the left hand side - above the T on my version) or just type invoke at the command line. Then click on the first opamp and it will allow you to add power pins & the other opamp.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back