Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If anybody need help in EAGLE, ask me in this POST !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot do what you suggest on a board in Eagle. The pads are part of the device. If you want to change a device, you must do that in the library.

John

Hi,
I need some information on Eagle and Basic PCB design. Kindly Give some suggestion.

1)Import Gerber file to Eagle Board . How to i do it? normally the Web search told that we can use the tool for importing the Gerber. but the tool is limited demo version. How to i do it? is it possible. Is any ULP available? Kindly give some ideas.

2) regarding high frequency PCB design. How do we make the high frequency PCb in eagle. how do we know the frequency is matched in the PCB design? can you give any E-articles or E-book for high frequency design in Multi-layer PCB?

Re: If anybody need help in EAGLE - Making hand stuffing prints

Does anyone have an easy method, tool, ULP or something to make legible hand assembly prints? I want top and bottom prints that show outlines, pads, part names etc for one side only, but minimal clutter and nothing from the opposite side. These would be for hand assembling mixed through hole and SMD boards.

I have worked with turning on and off layers but it is a pain and looks lousy. There must be a better way!

Thanks,
SherpaDoug

Hi,

[Display none top pad tname tval tpla]
Copy this in the command line and execute it.
This is the setup for top assembling.
You may safe this setup by right click on the display icon.

[Display none bot pad bname bval bpla]
Is for bottom assembly.
But print it mirrored.

Klaus

Thanks Klaus, that helps. I didn't know you could enter a display list on the command line like that. What is the "display icon"? Nothing seems to have that name or do something appropriate when right clicked. I am running version 7.3.0.

SherpaDoug

Hi,

The display icon is left top in the screen. It has a very colored icon.
If you left click on that icon you get a list of layers to switch on, off and edit them
If you right click on it you can safe the currently shown layer setup with your name. Like "assTop" and "assBot".
If you did safe so, then in future you only need to print "display assTop". No need for further remember all the layer names.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back