Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start learning ASIC designing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepu_ttc

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys i am new to vlsi but i know verilog HDL but i never implemented.can any one tell me where to start and how to start learning ASIC designing i had a exp in embedded hardware ckt designing does it helps me in learning ASIC anywhere

--pradeep--

beginner

Go through Brown book......
start working in lab...............Brown bok has a lot of examples which r simple........
just learning verilog is not enough.....u need to think verilog in terms of hardware.........so i recomend Brown book....its avil in edaboard

Other books prefer are samir palnitkar book..........

beginner

Digital Design by Moris Mano is good book.
and you can use Xilinx ISE WebPack & modelsim to simulate your programs. YOu can download the programs into chip using a programming kit

Re: beginner

What is the full name of brown book?
for a beginner of asic, verilog is just a language, basic module and architecture may be more important.

It is
Fundamentals of Digital Logic with Verilog Design by by Stephen Brown , Zvonko Vranesic.
It is a very good book which explains digital design with lots of examples.

Also you can try Advanced Digital Design With the Verilog HDL by Michael D Ciletti

which is quite exhaustive and very good

beginner

Hi,
you can pic any book on verilog like palnitkar,bhaskar.
you can get these here in edaboard.
moreover i dont think embedded knowledge will help you. sound understanding of digital design is required.

-regards
-Manmohan

beginner

for beginners, well digital design n CMOS logic design r must for understanding design flow ..

U must think in terms of hardware every time....
this must help u in ur sailing
regards
Shiv

You need to study the basics of digital design, starting from number systems, gates, muxes, shift registers, decoders etc. You also need to understand boolean theory, state machines, k-maps etc.
Then you can move to writing vhdl/verilog codes. If you have a background of embedded systems, then you must be used to writing software code. Hardware code writing requires entirely different thinking. So be aware of this.
All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back