Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get a job in ASIC world

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicsmooth

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Approx 20 years ago (2001-2004) I was involved in analog IC design (schematic, simulation, layout), but moved away from Silicon Valley and wound up doing mostly PCB style work since 2005: power supplies, embedded, microcontrollers, digital comms, consumer and commercial, satellite, lots of factory visits, manufacturing test, etc. I have some FPGA experience, but not much, would love to get more involved. I've got plenty of experience in board-level EDA tools, scripting, python, C/C++, etc. Always been wanting to get closer to EDA and silicon world, but high volume product design has been my momentum.

I'm part of the recent tech layoffs and I'd like to go back to silicon design. But obvs. much has changed in 20 years. It's obvious I'd take a pay cut, but I'm not sure how to break (back) into silicon world and leverage last 20 years of experience for seniority and/or salary. Would like to learn anything/everything about cpu/gpu, verification, UVM, etc., but haven't stepped foot in a classroom in years. Obvs. I "know stuff" in the background, but I'm def. not a recent college grad.

How do I break into a silicon job?

if you don't know where to start, go with a headhunter.

every single company out there is hiring like crazy, still in the aftermath of post covid & post chip crisis. good time to be looking for a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back