Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zeni & Virtuoso comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

hung_wai_ming@hotmail.com

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
zeni-eda and license

Anyone has experience on both tools as I am deciding to choose ZENI to replace Virtuoso or not.

zeni tool pdk

I was talking to someone about this Zeni last year, but there were problems with the US distributor I think, and it never got to the point of obtaining an evaluation version/license.

I'd be interested in hearing your conclusions/results. I think that most of the tools that try to compete with virtuoso are too expensive compared to the limited features they have, comparing to virtuoso. It really has to be much cheaper and integrate very well with simulators, Caliber, etc before it justifies replacing virtuoso...

zeni tool

I have tried both of them and can say that zeni is a very coarse tool as of now and needs a lot of improvements before it can be used commercially.
If you are looking in for a cheaper tool with features much better than that of Virtuoso, try laker for that matter.

Hi, aba380:

As cmos_dude pointed out, do yourself a favor and try Laker if you are talking about Virtuoso replacement, but you are only looking for Tanner, MyCad, kind of tool, Zeni might be an option if it's indeed cheaper than Tanner.

hi i have used both tools ...even used to delevop PDK for zeni. I will say Virtuoso more stable but zeni more user freindly.

Where can i get complete information about the Zeni tool and also about its usage etc??? I checked its website but need more information.

hung_wai_ming(at)hotmail.com said:
Anyone has experience on both tools as I am deciding to choose ZENI to replace Virtuoso or not.

do you have the license file of ZENI,I need it,thanks
can you send it to our email

zzj0329@yahoo.com.cn

Has anyone tried this recently? Any updated information? I am planning to try it out, just thought I'd check here first.

yes i am working on zeni eda tools, its realy very good and stable.

rahul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back