Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to speed up routing for big networks in virtuoso Layout GXL?

RuihW

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have about 60k nets to be routed and I'm using auto route in Layout GXL. The PDK has 6 metal layers and so far metal 1 to 3 are 60% occupied. So the free space starts on metal 4. Worth to mention that I'm using a shared server without GPU. It has AMD 3970x. It's not that bad, although I'm only given one or two cores.
The auto route started on Monday and now it only finished the first pass (90% unroutes). How can I speed up the routing? I tried Innovus, but it wouldn't even import my design because my entire layout was built manually using PDK's transistors so there's no proper LEF files. Generating abstract and creating (valid) LEF files seem like another challenge that could take days to complete.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back