Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wide band circular Wilkinson power divider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmmarAli

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am working on wide band antenna 4 element array ( 2.4-6GHz) and need to equally divide power between antenna element. I desired to use Wilkinson power divider as I have seen in previous work that it has good characteristic in wide band application. I desired to use the circular configuration to minimize the PCB side.

I could not fine references illustrate the equation of the circular configuration. I will be very thankful if anyone can guide me for good reference to get better understanding.

Thanks
Ammar

Hi AmmarAli,

The circular configuration has the same equivalent circuit as the rectangular. It's just bent into a circle.

View attachment 07002609.pdf
Hi AmmarAli,

The circular configuration has the same equivalent circuit as the rectangular. It's just bent into a circle.

Hi PlanarMetamaterials

What about the distance between the two wings of the conventional Wilkinson power divider ... how can I apply that to the circular? beside that I've seen works squeezing the circle in a way to be flattened from one side as in previous study paper which is attached.

More interesting than the circuit shape is probably the question how many transmission line segments will be needed to achieve the intended wide band matching. The design would start with a specification of maximum |S11| or VSWR.

- - - Updated - - -

More interesting than the circuit shape is probably the question how many transmission line segments will be needed to achieve the intended wide band matching. The design would start with a specification of maximum |S11| or VSWR.

I've seen commercial Wilkinson power divider they achieved it with four section for 1.7-9GHz bandwidth.

Hi again.

Please .... Are there any suggestions of references that may help ?
Thanks

What about the distance between the two wings of the conventional Wilkinson power divider ... how can I apply that to the circular?

If you look at theory for conventional Wilkinson, you will notice that the lines are calculated as separate lines with no coupling. So the distance doesn't matter, it just needs to be large enough so that coupling can be neglected. This makes it very simple to transfer the concept to bent Wilkinsons: same width, same length of the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back