Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the difference between data link and RF system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ustligen1

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everybody

I read a lecture note saying that, ring oscillators are rarely used in RF system but they are quite oftn in high speed data links. I really don't think RF system and data link can put together to compare with each other.

Could anyone explain the meaning of that for me? What is the difference between data link and RF system in that case?

Thank you.

Justin

data link = cable or fibre optic. . .Signal kept within your own kit so you can use any old frequency/modulation.
RF, needs to be precisely on channel else you will interfere with other users of adjacent channels.
Frank

Thank you, Frank. I get your point.

If I use RF to transceive data, can I still say it is a data link?

Regards,

Justin

sure, of course. Mcirowave point to point link transmits on 38GHz, but it is also data link for base station to RNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back