Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtuoso descend hierarchy prompting

Status
Not open for further replies.

puneetshah

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I m newbee in virtuoso......... I gets frustated in descending down and up the hierarchy bcoz every time it PROMPTS me for before descending.....

I have heard that there is some way to disable prompting..... i.e just by pressing 'e' i can descend in the hierarchy...........

in short I WANT TO GET RID OF THIS DIALOG BOX SHOWN BELOW......

Thanxs,
Puneet Neutral

puneetshah said:
I WANT TO GET RID OF THIS DIALOG BOX SHOWN BELOW......
Just klick OK :D :D :D
The software needs to know into which view you want to descend: could be symbol, schematic, functional, behavioral ... You could of course type the appropriate full skill command into the CIW, but this takes much longer than clicking OK. If you are familiar with the skill language, you could create your own favourite skill descend command and assign a bindKey to it.

how to create command i mean what it should be ??

puneetshah said:
how to create command i mean what it should be ??
I'm not enough familiar with the skill language. Better try and ask this question in a forum where you meet skill experts, e.g. in this group.

thanxs for suggesting link its a nice one and i got my answer.......

puneetshah said:
thanxs for suggesting link its a nice one and i got my answer.......
Yeah, seems Andrew B. has a solution for every Cadence pb. Actually, he IS with C.

When you are in the schematic, hit 'e' (or Shift-e for descend & edit), before you click on any cell hit F3, this will pop up a dialog box where where the options are "query user" or "use viewNameList". Selecting use viewNameList will make it always descend to the schematic and will get rid of the 'OK' dialog box you are seeing.

F3 is brings up the options menu for a command (if there is any).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back