Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very large designs synthesis in Synopsys DC Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghada89

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I want to synthesize very large circuits, such as 256-bit 20148-inputs shuffling network which is built by instantiating many sub modules of 256-bit 2-input swapper which is in turn built by instantiating 256 2-bit swappers.

This is quite a big circuit, and it is being synthesized for cryptographic purposes later not for ASIC design, but we use hardware synthesis tools, such as Synopsys DC Compiler. The process eventually gets killed due to memory. So my question is: is there anyway such a circuit can be synthesized in reduced compile time and memory? Can the small module that is being instantiated so many times to build that circuit somehow be abstracted and its netlist "inserted" later, or any tricks with Synopsys DC Compiler which would be useful for synthesizing large circuits that I can make use of?

All help or ideas would be really appreciated! :)

did you tried?

isn't it defeating the whole purpose of "divide and conquer"....modularize the design...memory requirements are really an issue in most of the designs due to sheer size .... I think it will be easier to break the design into blocks and close the timing.... not worth it....

did you tried to synthesize your code before clamming you have some issue?
And after the tried (without constraint if you want) you could indicate the gate count you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back