Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Updating values in an Orcad PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roel

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've designed an Orcad PCB. Now I want to make changes to it. For example: I want to change the values of some resistors. When I change the value in the schematics and I click on 'Run Eco to LayOut', the new netlist is loaded into the LayOut (= the board) but the values are not changed. How do I change the values withouth deleting the component in the LayOut ?

Roel

in layout just doubleclick a component and write new value

Updating values of components

Is there no other solution?
The PCB and schematics are quite complex. It will be a lot of work.
There should be an automatic solution.

Does anybody now if I send the PCB to an assembler which values he will mount, the ones mentionned on the schematic or the ones on the board?
For example: at this moment I designed a resistor of 1K in the schematics and layout but when I change this to 4K7, in the schematics the resistor will be 4K7 but the value in the layout remains 1K. Wich value is used in the assembly files?

Roel

u may can solve this problem by using a latest eco by downloading frm the cadence website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back