Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bias routing my IC's in PCB

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello , I have tried to implement your advices and the result is shown below.
i have added 0.1uF bypass capacitors near each +`15V -15V trace of every IC.
Also decoupling capacitors where added near the 3 pin.
The problem is that i have many places where i need to supply the outputs of the 3 pin bias.
I know that i need to do polygon pour on both top and buttom layers which whould be GND .
I can route threw the buttom layers (using VIAs) i can route threw top layer.
what is the proper way to supply my IC's with +15 -15 GND?
I have tried to deliver +15 -15 using via's and buttom layers but it looks like a jungle.
If there is some more proper methodical way to do it?

PCB file is attached in the link.

1697294463116.png

Only a few steps to get it routed.
- add the few missing +/- 15V routes
- ground fill remaining bottom layer area and add vias

Yes it is a jungle.

• Reduce the decoupling cap requirement as there is no need with such low constant currents on Op Amps, but do that for logic IC's.
  • Putting all the passives in the same orientation is one method when possible. Then use, say vertical tracks on one side and Horizontal on the other.
  • Add Test Points.
  • It would be much easier with a Tri or quad-Amp
  • Keep outputs away from high impedance Vin + to avoid say 1 pF crosstalk with positive feedback or any stages with Positive Feedback. ( two inverting filters )
  • Do you want to make a 4th order filter? Show the logic diagram. Does the design have a balanced input impedance to have good CMRR for a long cable input with common mode noise on it?
  • What supply noise do you expect? The load does not appear to create any noise.

• Have enough test pins for probes with a common ground or at least vias for a short resister wire pin if you have no proper ones.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back