Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing PIC16F877A with LED blnking program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anas Shafqat

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
problem in led with pic16f877a

Hii,
i m working on PIC16F877A. i made a small ckt on vero board for LED blnk testing but the problem is that
"it works when i put my finger at the crystal oscillator(4MHz)".
i used CCS C Compiler as well as if tried for mikroC compiler. But problem is still the same.
i have also tried with two Caps 22pF each with the crystal.
i have also changed my Controller but still problem is there :((

please can any1 help me out??

Anas Shafqat said:
Hii,
i m working on PIC16F877A. i made a small ckt on vero board for LED blnk testing but the problem is that
"it works when i put my finger at the crystal oscillator(4MHz)".
i used CCS C Compiler as well as if tried for mikroC compiler. But problem is still the same.
i have also tried with two Caps 22pF each with the crystal.
i have also changed my Controller but still problem is there :((

please can any1 help me out??

Check whether you have the proper capacitor or not. It seems like your cap value are wrong or not properly connected.

nlksg

Make sure the crystal you are using is a "parallel cut crystal" - series cut won't work with that processor. Also, you may need the series resistor. The datasheet for that device does a pretty good job of spelling out the oscillator circuit requirements. Finally, verify the configuration bits are set correctly for the crystal you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.