Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Run a servomotor with a FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmp131316

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
I have the following problem , I want to make a servomotor turn like i tell it to from the inputs(switches) of an FPGA for example if I have the number 30 i want the servo to turn to the 30 degrees position.I have done this on the arduino however on the fpga the servomotor does not go like i want it tics no matter how long or shor i make the pulse :-?
Here is a little arduino example and an image of the servo i want to control
FunnyRobotics: Arduino With Servo Motor

Thanks in advance:wink:

Providing the idea of what you want to do and waiting for someone else to provide you the code usually doesn't work.
Unless you are prepared to present your circuit specification and your code with specific questions I don't think you will get your solution.

Alex

You are right however i have managed to do it :-D
Thanks anyway :wink:
For the ones that are still trying to do this i'll post a link where they can find the verilog implementation and a link with the vhdl implementation.

fpga4fun.com - R/C Servos - here is the verilog implementation
Controlling an RC Servo with an FPGA - and this is the vhdl implementation.

Basically both represent the same thing the second however shows a way of controlling the servo from some buttons.

Cheers:wink:

You are right however i have managed to do it :-D
Thanks anyway :wink:
For the ones that are still trying to do this i'll post a link where they can find the verilog implementation and a link with the vhdl implementation.

fpga4fun.com - R/C Servos - here is the verilog implementation
Controlling an RC Servo with an FPGA - and this is the vhdl implementation.

Basically both represent the same thing the second however shows a way of controlling the servo from some buttons.

Cheers:wink:

hi am work with FPGA using servo motor development, any one help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back