Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Development FPGA board with Gowin chip

FlyingDutch

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, forum,

some time ago I published a post related to the FPGA board based on the Gowin GW1N-LV9LQ144C6/I5 chip. See post:

I ordered PCB in JLCPCB and then mounted the prototype. I checked this FPGA board with some FPGA projects and all hardware components are working properly (I also checked PSRAM and external Flash). There was a FTDI USB programer for the FPGA chip and it also work fine with "Gowin Programmer". After checking all components I implemented NEORV32 (RISC-V) soft-cpu on this board and it worked fine. See the link to the project:
https://github.com/stnolting/neorv32

The second edition of PCB has been designed. This version is more professional - some things has been improved:
1) Power planes
2) All high-speed signals and differential pairs of I/O pin traces are designed with length-matching
3) the size of the PCB is smaller
4) PCB has been designed for small EMI emission

This board is well-equipped with peripherals and has 64 I/O pins lead-out for headers. Every I/O bank can be powered by 3.3V , 2.5V, 1.2V voltages.
Here is screenshot from EasyEDA Pro CAD:

FPGA_GowinPCB.png

And here is 2D image of board:

3D_PCB9_2023-12-10.png

3D image of teh FPGA board:
3D_PCB9_2023-12-10 (1).png

Regards

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back