Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding timing convergence

Status
Not open for further replies.

moorthy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am doing project on "TIMING CONVERGENCE".. i need the materials regarding timing convergence.. please share with me..

thanks in advance..
regards
moorthy

Your research is regarding timing analysis in Analog or Digital?

hi,

my 2 cents,

what do you mean by timing convergence, is it timing corelation?

* how to model wireload models and achieve better correlation and a faster timing convergence after p&r stage.
* how to model the onchip variations and what are the various variations to account for and how much percentage to apply and achieve timing convergence between pre-silicon and post-silicon activities.
* timing convergence when we use different tools
* how to achieve faster timing closure, whether do we need to take STA as a golden rule or SSTA(Statistical STA ) as a golden rule to attain timing convergence.
* how to measure the accuracy of the models being used to model timing like QTM/ETM/ILM and other models if any due to various reasons, hierarchical, run-time reduction, multi-tasking and how to bet against their accuracy and claim timing convergence.
* how many modes do we run the chip say in functional, in test modes how to create such a Multi mode multi corner scenarios from the start of the flow and finally achieve timing convergence during final stage.
* how many corners or modes do i run like normal, ocv, ocv si, aocv , aocv si max and min for all the modes and achieve timing convergence.
* how do apply derates during the start of the flow itself to say that i will model on chip variation, and meet timign when i come to the final stages.

there are thousands queries,.....
myprayers,
chip design made easy
https://www.vlsichipdesign.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back