Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question: Has Arm ever tried to develop SoC by itself (in recent years)?

Sayaka_123

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wonder whether Arm has ever tried to develop SoC by itself (in recent years)? I heard some rumors that Arm did try to develop its own chips recently, but is that true? If it is true, why did Arm give up so quickly?

Not aware but Cypress/Infineon have the following SOCs with a rich set of analog
and digital peripherals on them, mukltiple copies of many resources as well. User
if so desired can even design own peripheral with schematic capture and/or
verilog to add to whats shown. Even a familiy with dual core ARM in it.

1699527378949.png

IDE, PSOC Creator, and compiler free, starting dev board ~ $15.

Regards, Dana.

I wonder whether Arm has ever tried to develop SoC by itself (in recent years)? I heard some rumors that Arm did try to develop its own chips recently, but is that true? If it is true, why did Arm give up so quickly?
for the same reason that TSMC doesn't design chips. It means they would become a competitor to their customers.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back