Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus VSM and Keil IDE cooperation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zer0

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mcs8051.dll

Hi,

I`ve a problem when i try to use Proteus as a virtual In Circuit Emulator with Keil as a debugger

Normally,When i press the "Start/Stop debug session" button in Keil ,the Circuit in Proteus has to power-on. But when i do this an error message appear from proteus, as follows:

{

SIMULATION LOG
==============

Design: C:\Program Files\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 6 Professional\BIN\MyProjects\LCD1.DSN
Doc. no.: <NONE>
Revision: <NONE>
Author: <NONE>
Created: 02/09/03
Modified: 07/09/03

Compiling source files...
Build completed OK.
Compiling netlist...
Linking netlist...
Partition analysis...

Simulating partition 1 [7F2EA83C]...
Animation started sucessfully...
PROSPICE Release 6.1 SP2 (C) Labcenter Electronics 1993-2002.
SPICE Kernel Version 3f5. (C) Berkeley University ERL.

Reading netlist...
Net VDD taken as alias for VCC
Net VSS taken as alias for GND
Reading SPICE models...
Building circuit...
Instantiating SPICE models...
[U1] Read total of 185 bytes from file 'LCD_TEST022.hex'.
PROSPICE - Internal Exception: access violation in module 'MCS8051.DLL'.

Real Time Simulation FAILED.

}

Why is there an access violation in the module 'MCS8051.DLL' ?

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance

proteus keil

Zer0

Can you please upload here your application ? I can check with my licensed copy of Proteus Professional.

However, from log you posted here I can see you are using Profesional 6.1 SP2, so be sure that 6.1 SP2 (licensed) is working fine with Keil in VDM mode.

Have you setup the system with all advises described in VDM51.PDF, in Proteus HELP directory ? In other words, have you copied VDM51.DLL from Proteus MODELS dir to Keil dir. Have you set up in Keil the Proteus VDM driver to be the default debug driver and set the Host IP.

However, from description you gave here and from my experience it seems a Proteus license problem of the version you working with.

lcd1 proteus

Hi kowax,

I`ve done all the steps needed for VDM to work

I`ve played with the C51 calculator sample found in proteus using keil successfully

How could i know if my license support VDM or not ?!!

proteus access violation

My friend, if you have a licensed copy of Proteus Professional, or Proteus VSM for 8051, it must support for VDM also; no additional keys are required. You may use the program LICENCE.EXE to see what the options you have purchased........if you didn't mind anymore :)

vdm51.dll

If you want connect two PC.
The first PC as 8051 hardware, the second as keil debugger with VDM51.DLL

HARDWARE PREPARE
1. build the Ethernet Cable with "Crosslink Cable"
2. Connect two PC with ethernet card
3. Setup TCP/IP properties with IP, for examples: 172.0.0.200 for Keil and 172.0.0.201 for Proteus, this IP must be one class, and Subnet Mask as 255.255.255.128.
4. Check IP connection with ping.
5. Set Proteus Debug/Use Remote Debug Monitor
6. Copy VDM51.DLL to Keil Computer in forder BIN
7. Load your Desain in Proteus computer
8. Load Your program in Keil Komputer, set Options for Target to VDM51.DLL driver

Finally run program on keil.

Have fun

run keil c in proteus

Just to ask:
:?:
Can I simulate circuit with Philips 80C552 (87C552) with Pr*teus and Keil's uVisi*n!

thanx

vdmagdi.exe

Hello,
80C552 is 8051 core, yes it can use with proteus vs keil.
But you must see in proteus model. If in proteus available for this model, everything is ok.

bsiswoyo

labcenter proteus .dsn model

Zer0:
Try to use stand 8051 both in ke*il and pr*teus

keil c proteus 7

Hi
I am using Proteus 6.9
I am just debugging hello.c file from Keil using VSMgadi Software & its working .

Now if i changing code in which if i define any GLOBAL parameter then proteus is not working & also if we make hex file of it & then give the path to Porteus Microcontroller component still its not working

I have tried same thing with different code & fianally i conclude that its coz of global parameter.
So anyone can tell me how to resolve this problem.

Please Guide.

proteus6.1 licence.exe برای

Hi All Gurus,
I have Proteus7.2 but could not find VDM51.pdf , can anyone please upload the file for me.
I am trying to use KeiluVision2 with Proteus7.2.
Downloaded http://downloads.labcenter.co.uk/vdmagdi.exe and installed the VDM51.dll in c:\keil\C51\bin
I could not see it in target options device list. Am I wrong somewhere?
I want to use a single PC for this thing, please guide a procedure where I can program in KEil for 8051 in C, and or asm run /debug in Keil and see the simulation in Proteus.

Thanks & Regards.

Re: proteus6.1 licence.exe براÛ&#65533;

rajeshbij said:
Hi All Gurus,
I have Proteus7.2 but could not find VDM51.pdf , can anyone please upload the file for me.
I am trying to use KeiluVision2 with Proteus7.2.
Downloaded http://downloads.labcenter.co.uk/vdmagdi.exe and installed the VDM51.dll in c:\keil\C51\bin
I could not see it in target options device list. Am I wrong somewhere?
I want to use a single PC for this thing, please guide a procedure where I can program in KEil for 8051 in C, and or asm run /debug in Keil and see the simulation in Proteus.

Thanks & Regards.

I'm using 7.1 and just succeeded...
make sure the the necessary line has been included in tools.ini

While debugging, select the remote degguing option from debug menu in Proteus and make sure that the circuit to be debugged is already open before clicking debug in Keil.

that should work

Thanks kiranr, but please tell me the exact line which should be added in tools.ini - you are talking about.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.