Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLL Frequency Multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwo4life

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using the LM565 PLL and a 74LS90 decade counter to design a times 5 frequency multiplier. I have figured out how to use the counter but I am having trouble with the LM565 PLL.

My multiplier should work from (input range) 500Hz to 2kHz (ie. my outout range is therefore from 2.5kHz to 10kHz). I need help selecting the free running frequency (fo), hold in range (fH), and capture range (fc), and 3dB frequency of the lowpass filter (flpf). From the LM565 data sheet they give the following equations,

fo = 0.3/(R1*C1) fH = +OR- 8*fo/(Vc) fc = +OR- sqrt(fH * flpf)

Vc is the total supply voltage. If anyone can give me some hints and advice I would greatly appreciate it.

THANKS

Added after 3 hours 44 minutes:

Any hints would be appreciated.

Have you looked at datasheet? It contains example circuit of frequency multiplier.

Yes I have looked a the data sheet but I still don't understand how to get the values of the previously mentioned variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.