Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcb layout of PIC controlled intruder alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcindo

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
burglar alarm schematic

Friends: PIC CONTROLLED INTRUDER ALARM, published in the EPE magazine in April 2002, everything is properly installed in accordance with what the magazine describes, however, when I turn on the circuit, only the upper line of the LCD is completely filled without showing any character, whatsoever.

Thanks

burglar alarm project

Despite of the dark blocks on the lcd, is the rest of the circuit working? If it working, except the LCD, you may try adjusting the LCD contrast 1K variable resistor, or the connections to the LCD is wrongly connected or faulty. If all these are ok then the problem lies with the source code. Hope this "HELPS". Good luck.

alcindo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pic controlled intruder alarm

Friend Pranam77, already tried to do all those experiences but it doesn't result, you can see the same topic in:

The circuit was executed in the PROTEUS outline and PCB

thanks

pic controlled alarm

The LCD shows a display like this, when it's not initialized correctly, either cause the firmware isn't executing regularly or cause it's connected incorrectly.

seti75 burglar

thax buddy
this really important for me

pic burglar alarm schematic

Dear friends i am having the same problems with friend alcindo.....i power up the pic and i see only black columns on the lcd...What might be wrong???Can anyone check the asm file because i don't have lot of expierience to do it....????
Hope someone help.....

Best Regards Panagiotis

burglar alarm schematics

Hai _ab, It would be still better if you can post the schematic here as the code may be matched with the hardware to find any flaws.

pic burglar alarm

ok here's the schematic... :)

flashing led to house alarm

Overall the schematic seems ok with the code given. Hope searching for any Errata or Corrections given in any of the further issues of the magazine may help ? Also check for some hardware miistakes on the board. Ckeck continuity all the connections to the LCD from the micro pins. Also see the pin 7 of the Micro is pulled up as in the schematic. Good luck

burglar alarm pic

I think that i found one mistake......I marked it with the red arrow in the untitled.jpeg image...Also i would like to ask something because i got a liltle bit comfused...
If you are using an lcd in 4 bit mode (nibble) which is the appropriate connection?
I mean i found a schematic with pic16f84 and it had different connection with the 16f877 ( lcd attachment )

:|:?::?::?:

simple intruder alarm pcb

Dear friend, the LCD connections seems to be ok. Even the R/w pin is ok when connected to GND. The contrast pin of the LCD just needs a variable ground signal to display the characters in required contrast or it also may be fixed with 2.2K resistor connected from Pin 3 of the LCD to GND. As per the Black dots are concerned, I strongly think there is some ground link missing on the PCB. You have to trace the PCB with the schematic and too check all the tacks for hairline cracks. I had asked you in my second post that wether the rest of the circuit is working despite of these black boxes on the LCD. Coz it may also play a vital role if the PIC is not programmed properly. Good luck.

pic burg alarm circuit

ok my friend...i will check the things you told me to and i'll tell you my results....Thanks for your patience i am new to mcu's.... :-(

alarm burglar pic programation

Is someone has achieved this alarm ?
does it work well ?

thanks

pic intruder alarm

Mon ami
seti75:

I would appreciate if you could send me de PCB of the project named in the title of this pm, because I would like to test it in ARES.

Merci beaucoup

buglar alarm project

no problem, my pcb

http://dl.free.fr/jZnNcyh6m

The problem is that the alarm is put in standby after a first detect (intruder)
alarm.." no ".. always detect Alarm still if intruder !! ...?
I can not file the amended
if someone can file amended asm for the alarm detects the second intruder......?
thanks

-->
**broken link removed**

intruder alarm pcb

someone here can change this program ?

thanks

epe schema pic controlled intruder alarm

seti75 said:
someone here can change this program ?

thanks

I wouldn't hold my breath, why not try to figure out the coding and post your attempts here.

project burglar alarm pic

several tries, but I can not..,
A small help ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.