Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"XORF" instruction in pic microcontroller

khatus

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys i just started to learn assembly language for pic micrcontroller.in this text i think The line written twice
A B F
0 0 0
0 0 0
is superfluous. What do you think? Why it is written twice?
pic-prog-assembly-page-022.jpg

pic-prog-assembly-page-023.jpg

Hi,

why posting megabytes of pictures while copy and past would be much more clear, less than 1% of file size, and more easy to reply?

1st line: shows the starting point.
2nd line: (read the text above) shows what happens when F --> B: Nothing happens when A = 0.
3rd line: But the output toggles when A = 1

Just strictly following the description.

Added:
I did a search for a "PIC instruction set manual" including the XORF instruction. Did not find any.
This makes me question: Is your source reliable? Better use documents provided by the manufacturer, they are more relaible than second source informations.

Klaus

Last edited:
Hi,

why posting megabytes of pictures while copy and past would be much more clear, less than 1% of file size, and more easy to reply?

1st line: shows the starting point.
2nd line: (read the text above) shows what happens when F --> B: Nothing happens when A = 0.
3rd line: But the output toggles when A = 1

Just strictly following the description.

Added:
I did a search for a "PIC instruction set manual" including the XORF instruction. Did not find any.
This makes me question: Is your source reliable? Better use documents provided by the manufacturer, they are more relaible than second source informations.

Klaus
I am following this document.

Attachments

• pic-prog-assembly.pdf
    487.4 KB · Views: 51
Hi,

please answer two simple questions:
1) what exact PIC microcontroller do you decide to use?
2) does it support "XORF" instruction?

Klaus

is superfluous. What do you think? Why it is written twice?
I think its just the same example, if we follow that the output (F) is fed to input B starting with 0 0, the next step is still 0 0 0, once A gets a 1 it start toggling the output...
Code:
A B F
0 0 0
0 0 0
1 0 1
1 1 0
1 0 1
1 1 0
1 0 1
0 1 1
0 1 1
1 1 0