Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latch-up Question In CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

prescott2006

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The lecture note say that we can decrease RW1 and RS2 to reduce latchup, this is because it can provide better body connection. But I wonder won't it should be RS1 and RW1 to improve the body connection?:?:

Another question, the note say that if RW1 and RS2 (or RS1 and RW1 if I am correct), the Q1 and Q2 never turn on, why it say so? Is it without the resistance the current is too large until '“destroy the transistor”, so the latchup won't happen?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    40 KB · Views: 147

From my point of view and logic you are correct means RS1 and RW1 should be decrease.
Bcoz when we give more body connections the resistance of all taps comes in parallel so over all resistance will be low.
For your another question:
When resistance will be low IR drop will also be low so that BJT will not get enough potential at BASE to turn it ON.
So that both the BJTs will always be in reverse biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back