Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

just can't get that SDF backannotation to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I'm building a standard cell library. Everything is working, but post-P&R digital simulation with SDF backannotation. The most basic IOPATH statements work just fine, but about everything more complex fails.
For example, a DFF with SET input, the SDF contains:
(WIDTH (COND D==1'b0 (posedge SET)) (0.132::0.132))
So in the verilog, I placed
$width (posedge SET &&& D===1'b0, 0:0:0 );
(also tried many similar statements), but I always get
ncelab: *W,SDFNET: Unable to annotate to non-existent timing check (COND (D==0) (WIDTH (posedge SET) (0.132))) of instance Testing.\myreg of module DFFS <testing.sdf, line 1523>.

There must be something fundamentally wrong with my understanding of SDF-to-Verilog mapping. I think that once I get the above statement to work, I will be able to figure out the rest...
So my question is:
What to place in the verilog description to match the SDF entry?

Dirk

Yes, I'm all but convinced it is.
I don't get annotation problems for IOPATH specifications or specifications without COND in the SDF. I can force warnings about IOPATH by removing the corresponding line in the Verilog module, so the correct set of modules is picked up. As far as I can tell, it's all specifications that contain COND that fail.

Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back