Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue with DDR II Memory Write during system bring-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cks3976

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Group,

I am using Promos DDR -II memory V59C1512164QDJ3I in a design. We have currently made 70 prototype cards with this memory. And a significant number of cards (20%) in this lot are failing during system start-up (that is when the system is in room temperature). System log suggests that the Write to DDR-II have failed.

However after several reboots and when the system becomes bit more warm the card start functioning well (well.. most of the times).

I have tested the Card for possible drop in power or slip in the clock during start-up, but I could not see an issue.

BTW, initial spins of this Card were using DDR from a different make (Nanya) and we never faced any issue. I also tried using a Nanya device on this new set of Cards, but that failed too..

I feel the issue is not in Memory, but in the Card. Can you please suggest me what can be done further to analyze the issue ?

Thanks in advance,
CKS

1. check with the control signals
2. if there is a power up sequence, check for its timings.

Hi,

Control Signals are fine. DDRs are being controlled by a proprietary processor. And as I have mentioned, this failure happens only on 20% of the cards. And remaining 80% of the cards do not have any issue. I checked the timing and that looks fine. And there is no power sequencing requirement..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back