Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is noise included in transient simulation done in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surianova

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all!

is noise ( thermal noise,fliker noise and shot noise) include in transient simulation in Cadence? I agree it show in AC noise analysis which have 40 uv RMS in my opamp.. but i can't see it in transient simulation. The output is flat or noiseless regarding any temperature. If noise never show in transient, how can model it?

thanks..

spectre transient noise how to

There is no noise in transient analysis.

transient noise

zwei78 said:
There is no noise in transient analysis.

if i have input referred noise of 10 uv rms in ac noise analysis, is it no way to model it in transient?

noise in transient

Define a noise signal in time domain and connect it to the input.

Re: noise in transient

jasmin_123 said:
Define a noise signal in time domain and connect it to the input.

actually until now i am still can't get a good answer. .some say yes and some say no..

or is it depend on the software tool we use?

noise in transient

Well, in more or less recent versions of spectre there is an option for transient noise while tran. It wasn't there a couple of years ago..Personally I have never tried it ..

mr_chip said:
Well, in more or less recent versions of spectre there is an option for transient noise while tran. It wasn't there a couple of years ago..Personally I have never tried it ..

what is the option? can you tell us? THKS!

Spectre transient noise works quite well. You can simulate whatever you like with it. What exactly you want to know?

steer said:
Spectre transient noise works quite well. You can simulate whatever you like with it. What exactly you want to know?

How you view the noise in transient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back