Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Install Synopsys tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkchau

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm going to install Synopsys tools (Digital IC Design tools). Can I use Fedora Core 5 (Red Hat Linux) as OS, or I have to use Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
Thanks

Hi,

Redhat Enterprise Linux would be a much better choice. RHEL 3 is the most compatible for Synopsys tools. Refer

h**p://synopsys.com/products/platforms_roadmap.html

Recent tools also support RHEL 4. These are extensively tested. Fedora provides the bleeding edge software, many of them will not be as stable. Also RHEL have longer support cycles providing stability, compatibility for an IC engineer's toolset. If the you feel the support costs are higher, you can go with Cent OS 3 or 4 which are binary compatible to RHEL and built from same sources and constantly updated with their RHEL counterparts.

The preferred choice would be RHEL 3 update 8 or corresponding Cent OS 3.8 unless all of your Synopsys tools are very recent.

Regards,
venkatesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back