Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

import whole the truth table to the Quartus for Optmization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ata-Va

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to Import whole the truth table into Quartus and automatically Optimize it

Hi every one
I had designed a Combinational circuit in Quartus II 13.0 but it was not optimized as the number of input variables were so many I couldn't simplify it using Karnaugh Maps ,so I decided to draw whole truth table on the schematic environment with out pre-simplification, as I searched on the net I found out that Quartus does the simplification by it self after compilation.

so after the compile I checked Netlist Viewers/technology map viewer(post filtering),I found the optimized circuit there ,I wonder if I can export or copy it from there and use it in schematic environment, on the other hand is there a way to import whole the truth table to the Quartus so that it automatically optimizes and makes logics by it self ?

I'd be glad for any sort of hint. thank you

Ususally, circuits are written in HDL, and often in behavioural form.
There is no way to input a K map, just the circuit diagram (which people dont use much, as it cannot be simulated directly). It is much better to use an HDL (VHDL or Verilog).

well I know what you mean but as a matter of fact in next step I have to Implement Transistor level of my digital circuit in ADS Software and simulated the whole Analog and digital parts together, so I need the optimized version of my digital circuit Individually.

Well the you're looking at ASIC tools and Quartus probably wont be much help, as it does not implement gates, only LUTs.

thx for reply dear TrickyDicky
well I don't think so as far as I know at least in ISE we can export the design for automatic lay-out and ASIC application so the software must be able to generate multi level logic gate for lay-out, I don't know whether Quartus supports this feature as ISE does.

thx std_match it was very useful, it helped me alot
by the way, if you already used it,can you tell me that how much should I relay on the answers, I mean does the software has any bug resulting in a wrong answer?

can you tell me that how much should I relay on the answers, I mean does the software has any bug resulting in a wrong answer?
I don't know of any bugs, but in this case verification is much easier than synthesis. Just apply all possible input combinations and check that the output is correct.

I don't know of any bugs, but in this case verification is much easier than synthesis. Just apply all possible input combinations and check that the output is correct.

And still 1 thing remains, I can not export the output in VHDL o Verilog Or block diagram format to Import Automatically to other software such as Advanced design system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back