Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to solve this issue of "No Hardware" in Quartus 13

I'm trying to program CPLD MAX 7064 and I found it works with Quartus 13. I installed it but I have this problem!
All drivers are installed and JTAG services are running.
1693739148951.png
1693739239280.png

Attachments

• 1693738947466.png
    1693738947466.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 68
Not sure what kind of board you are connecting to your PC through RS232, but it's surely not recognized as JTAG programming cable by Quartus programmer tool.

Is your CPLD EPM7064 or EPM7064S? Only the latter supports in-circuit JTAG programming.

Does the board in-circuit programming?

It is EPM7064S
I have this JTAG but my PC doesn't fit it so I used the RS232.
1693760394687.jpeg

Is there any indication that the board supports in circuit JTAG programming? Do you have a schematic or user manual?

Is there any indication that the board supports in circuit JTAG programming? Do you have a schematic or user manual?
I doubt that the blue cable was unnecessary, but I found it among the kit's contents.
1693761844316.jpeg

1693761863752.jpeg

That clarifies things. Apparently the 9 pin connector implements a non-standard JTAG interface. Byteblaster shipped with the board works with PC printer port, your notebook computer won't have it. I'm also not completely sure if Quartus 13 is still supporting Byteblaster. Anyway it's probably simpler to use a cheap USB Blaster clone and adapt the 10 pin JTAG interface to 9-pin connector of your board.

Byteblaster driver is still shipped with recent Quartus versions. It does however not guarantee that it's working on your computer. There's a long thread on Intel FPGA forum (copied from previous Altera forum) discussing various failure cases https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA...eblaster-not-showing-up-in-hardware/m-p/10707
It seems to me, that the driver also won't work on 64 bit Windows.
Switching to USB Blaster would probably save you a lot of trouble.

Byteblaster driver is still shipped with recent Quartus versions. It does however not guarantee that it's working on your computer. There's a long thread on Intel FPGA forum (copied from previous Altera forum) discussing various failure cases https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA...eblaster-not-showing-up-in-hardware/m-p/10707
It seems to me, that the driver also won't work on 64 bit Windows.
Switching to USB Blaster would probably save you a lot of trouble.
Do you mean the USB blaster instead of the whole grey cable "between the Kit and my laptop directly"?
This one https://www.amiga-shop.net/en/Amiga-Hardware/Other-hardware/USB-Blaster-Programmer::1121.html ?

Yes, any USB Blaster clone like this. An adapter between 10 pin flat cable and 9 pin Sub-D connector must me made in addition. If you don't have a board schematic, you need to decode the wiring between connector and CPLD JTAG pins.

It is EPM7064S
I have this JTAG but my PC doesn't fit it so I used the RS232.
View attachment 184809
If you're using RS232 for communication, it's likely that you're interfacing with the device through a serial port. To provide you with more specific assistance, I would need more information about what you're trying to achieve or any issues you're facing in the process. Here are a few general steps you might consider:

1. Connection:
    • Ensure that the RS232 connection is properly set up between your PC and the EPM7064S device. Verify that the wiring and signal levels are correct.
  2. Software Tool:
    • Use the appropriate software tool for programming the EPM7064S through the RS232 interface. Intel (Altera) provides programming tools such as Quartus Prime for their devices. Make sure you have the correct version of the software for your device.
  3. Configuration File:
    • Prepare the configuration file (.pof or .jic) that contains the programming data for your EPM7064S device. This file is generated by the development software.
  4. Programming Sequence:
    • Follow the programming sequence provided in the documentation for your specific CPLD and the programming tool you are using. This might involve setting up the tool, selecting the programming file, and initiating the programming process.
  5. Power Supply:
    • Ensure that the EPM7064S is properly powered during the programming process. Check the voltage levels to make sure they are within the specified range.

@infowave: Like the original poster you didn't understand how ByteBlaster programming adapter works and how it's meaned to be connected to a PC. It can be only connected to a legacy printer port and doesn't work with RS-232.

Respectively the rest of your post is just useless.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back