Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance matching problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharethewell

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Urgent help needed! Impedance matching problem

I am having an issue when I simulate a RFpower amplifier in a test bench. In the picture, all those inductors and capacitors are representing paracitic inductance and capacitance for bondwires and pads that are connected to the output of my PA.

So here is the question. The 50 ohms series and 25 pF capacitor parallel have huge effect on my output waveform. Basically, the 50 ohms series works like a voltage devider so that the signal(voltage) delivered to the load is much smaller than without using the 50 ohms series. So how can I fix this issue? Any method I can try?

The other thing is about the 25pF parallel capacitor. It has a big effect on my output waveform as well. Is there a way I can minimize the impact of the this capacitor?
Adding inductors to cancel it out? Any idea?

By the I didn't put my L matching network in the picture yet.
**broken link removed**

Use a FET type high-impedance probe. They have input capacitance less than 1pF.

**broken link removed**

You can try matching the input, but the measurement become narrow-band, and setup needs calibration due to missmatch loss introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.