Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If anybody need help in EAGLE, ask me in this POST !

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCDrill File in Excellon format

I am new to using Eagle and am trying to submit my design online but the site requires a NCDrill file in Excellon format and I am not sure how to make this. I assume it would be part of teh gerber file generation and I have tried to find out how to make the drill file, but I am not sure what I am doing.

Thank you!

This is from memory - you need to run the drill CAM job as well as Gerber. There should be a CAM job called Excellon - run that. If that fails, run the ULP called drill_cfg before running the Excellon job, but I think that isn't needed on the later versions of Eagle.

Keith

I'm designing a 6 layer board and for some reason I have multiple power planes on the same layer and also AGND and DGND on the same plane. Now if I try to change the layer 2 which has AGND and DGND as a supply layer , it wont allow me to do it !! If I leave it like this would it be a problem ? I know that the supply layers are usually negative image , mine would be a positive plane. so apart from that will there be any other issue with thermals ,vias ?

There is no problem having multiple power polygons on the same layer - I do it all the time - but DO NOT tick the "Supply Layer" on the layer editor on any layer otherwise you could end up with all sorts of problems. Just use polygons.

Keith

Re: eagle drill chart

hi SyNTaXer,

can you please tell me if its possible to rotate any ic at 45 degree in eagle. when we select any ic package and right click then it turns by 90 degree, i want it just to be 45 degree. i have seen similar type of ic mounter specially on laptop motherboards.

thanks

Look under the help under the word ROTATE.

To rotate specific angles, rather than freehand, it is best to use the command line e.g. type ROTATE =R45 IC1 or ROTATE =MR135 IC1 if it is mirrored.

Keith.

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Or type ROT R45 and click on the object - it will rotate 45 degrees each time you click.

Keith.

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

By the way, SyNTaXer hasn't posted on this board since 2006!

Or you can click the properties of the object , it has the angle which normally is 0 you can change it to any angle you want. but the command line interface is much faster and better.

Or you can click the properties of the object , it has the angle which normally is 0 you can change it to any angle you want. but the command line interface is much faster and better.

Good point. I must admit I don't use the right click much because before version 5 it worked differently. I only upgraded from 4.16r2 a few months ago.

Keith.

hi

i have a eagle schematic and pcb design in which i have used pic18f4550, now i wish to simulate the design with pic hex file loaded. can you please tell me which simulator to use. so that i can import eagle files into simulator.

thanks

I don't know of a microcontroller simulator which can use the Eagle files. You may be able to simulate the PIC18F4550 with Proteus, but that will not be compatible with Eagle files or vice versa.

Keith.

hi,
not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but found the title relevents.
I am totally new to Eagle and such CAD tools.
Can I ask few Questions about designing land pattern for and LC4/LC5 packages.

Regards.

Hello.

I have a question.
I'm making PCB board now. And I would like to use polygon for GND. (You probably know what I'm talking about. So I draw the polygon. Wire and polygon have to have the same name etc.) Then I press ratsnest in toolbar. After that is polygon pretty good connected with GND. And now is my question. How can I do unratsnest to see only wires without polygon? I know that I can do this with moving one side of polygon. But is there any other way to do it?

Thank You for you respond.

I am not sure I quite understand the question but here are a few ideas:

Close the file and re-open it.

Turn of 'ratsnest processes polygons' in the setup menu.

I must admit, I often lay out 2 sided PCBs by creating an inner GND plane layer to get ride of all the GND connections, route the rest of the PCB then remove the inner plane layer and add a top or bottom polygon.

I am not sure if that helps!

Keith

Thank you for your response.
I've turned off ratsnest processes polygons in the setup menu.
Ofcourse now, when I click on ratsnest, polygons will not be processed.

But I wanted little different solution. I want to have option ratsnest to processing polygons and other option to unprocessing polygons. When I click on ratsnest, polygons will be there and when I click "I don't know where" polygons will not be there.

I'm now looking for option "I don't know where", but I'm not sure if there is option for that.

so how about clicking on Ripup, then on the wire that defines the polygon? So this is your "I don't know where" click ;-)

Reactions: ArMinO

ArMinO

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Oh... Thank you so much. That helped me a lot. :)

hi,
can any one please answer my two questions:
1. is there a way that i can draw v-grooving on pcb, so its included in gerber. and is it possible to v-groove rounded and oval pcb?
2. how to generate multilayer gerber file? i know how to generate gerber for two layers but how to extend it for four layers?

thank you

hi all..
i,m newbie..anybody know how to draw square hole in eagle..
thnx in advance

A square hole would normally be routed out (milled). Draw it on layer 46 "Milling" using the polygon or rectangle. Make sure you include that layer when you generate the Gerber files. It would be worthwhile adding a note to the layout to ensure that it doesn't get missed by the PCB manufacturer.

Keith.

A square hole would normally be routed out (milled). Draw it on layer 46 "Milling" using the polygon or rectangle. Make sure you include that layer when you generate the Gerber files. It would be worthwhile adding a note to the layout to ensure that it doesn't get missed by the PCB manufacturer.

Keith.

Thanx for the reply..
Can i draw the square hole using wire on the layer 20:Dimension..
would it be ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back