Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If anybody need help in EAGLE, ask me in this POST !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply. I still have a couple of questions: I'm trying to resize/move/delete the parts names and values, but it seems to be impossible. My board is a real mess because I can't move around the parts names and therefore they are all clustered and overlapping each other. All I can do is hide the layers, but I need the names in the board to make it easier to assemble. Is there a workaround to this issue?

My other question is about the gerber and drill files. Is it possible to view these files before sending to the PCB manufacturer? Maybe a specific software to open the files?

You need to SMASH the parts! Make sure the part origins are visible. Select the whole board then click SMASH (or type SMASH in the command line). See SMASH in the help. The SMASH command separates the component IDs, Values and the component so they can be moved and edited separately.

Keith.

Great hints! By the way, in my opinion the UI of this software is a pain in the ass! No way I would figure out these stuffs without your help! What about the gerber files viewing? Do you know any software to open those files?

Unfortunately the software suffers from two problems:

1. it started life in DOS, I think
2. it is German which means some of the translations are a bit weird (e.g. cream for paste). They should have asked me to proof read it :wink:

That said, it is reasonably priced and works. Support is good (try their forums) although the forums are still on an old fashioned newgroup.

For viewing the Gerbers, I use GCprevue (free). GraphiCode - Software Innovations for Electronics Manufacturing - Home

Keith.

Im trying to create a Pad with eagle for a solder lug.

I need a long pad with a (oval) hole.
Something like this:
39_1310661626.png

Could somebody help me?

PS: sorry for my english, im from switzerland.

Be prepared for some DRC violations!

The oval hole will need to be routed. For that you use the "Milling" layer 46. Bear in mind routers are usually 0.8mm minimum which is fine if that the width of the slot. Larger is also fine. Smaller than 0.8mm and you might have to look for someone who can do it. If you need it plated through then I think you would need to make special instructions to the PCB maker - normally routing is done near the end of processing.

To make the pad, you need at least one "connection point" and then you could draw the rest with a copper trace. It doesn't matter if the copper trace covers the pad. So, place a small SMD pad somewhere on the copper trace. The final thing you need to do is open the solder resist over the trace. The will be a hole in it where you placed the SMD pad - you need to make a hole over the whole trace. The top and bottom solder resist are layers 29 & 30 - top and bottom "stop". They are negative layers - where you draw you DON'T get solder resist. So, simply draw over the top of the copper trace with layer 29 (and 30 if it is to be plated through). You can copy the trace you drew earlier and then change the layer of the copy to 29. Normally the solder resist would be slightly larger than the copper by say 0.1mm.

When you do a DRC check you when you use the part you will get some errors. These will be because there is a trace which overlaps the SMD. You just need to manually check that it looks right and "approve" them so they don't appear again. You will get some more errors when you actually use the footprint because any trace that touches will throw up an error even if it supposed to connect because Eagle won't recognise the trace as being part of the same net.

I hope that helps If it isn't clear please ask and I will try to clarify. Odd shaped pads are a nuisance in Eagle. There is no problem drawing them but I would like to avoid all the errors. I have a couple of Coilcraft inductors on a PCB which give me nearly 90 DRC errors because of the odd shaped pads they need.

Keith.

Hello, please I am trying to make the pcb of a 40pin programmer but I can't find a 40Pin DIP socket component in eagle schematic editor. Please can you tell me how I can find it in eagle and also, if you know where I can get the latest com-3m library can you post it. Thanks
Regards
Babinton

Look in ref_packages.lbr for most footprints.

Keith

Added:

If you have a 3M connector you need the footprint for, you need to be more specific.

Re: eagle autoplace

Can You plz giv me a link to Ps/2 mouse/kbrd connectors library file for EAGLE? Thanx in advance...

couldnt find this connector. can u plz specify the device number or something much specific to search?

There only are 7 connectors in the library I attached! It is the one called MINI_DIN_6.

Keith.

Hi!!!!!

i have a big problem with suppliess!!!! i have a design with 2 different power supplies well i have to separate these supplies, both supplies are 15v but i dont know how to separate these supplies in the schematic.. they are different supplies!!!
thank for you help!!! =DDD
Greetings

srry for the bad english >.<

Look in the supply1 and supply2 libraries. There are lots of different names to choose from. You could call one +15V and the other VCC, VDD, V+, +UB. Or you could make your own symbol such as +15V/2. There are examples such as +5V/1, +5V/2 you could copy and edit.

Keith

o_O really tahnk you!!!
but with using two different supplys from libraries you mentioned, the traces in the board will be totally separated???

pako

o_O really thank you!!! for the response!!
i tried in my board!!! but i dont get the separate traces, i only want that the 2 supplies be separate in the board!! supply 1 and supply 2 one is for signal and another for the power
i've spend 2 days in these and i cant! xD

really thank you for your time keith!!! =DD

Post your Eagle files and I will have a look. If you would prefer to not post them in public send me a private message.

Keith

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back