Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If anybody need help in EAGLE, ask me in this POST !

Status
Not open for further replies.
pic24 lbr

Hello All. I am evaluating Eagle and am having trouble. When I open a new BOARD, USE XILINX.lbr, and place a TQFP100 Device and do a DRC, I get clearance errors every pin. When I zoom in on the SMD pins, I see a pattern between the SMD pins. But when I look at the Package, I do not see the pattern between SMD pins.

??

Nathan Roundy
usinventr@aol.com

Added after 20 minutes:

Regarding clearance errors on TQFP100...

Aha! Changing the clearance setting to 7mil makes it work. Thanks, Nathan.

cadsoft eagle tqfp connection tutorials

You can change the rules for the DRC check and thus change limits for wath is reported as an error. Most possible these rules are to tight for the package selected. You may wonder why these rules are so tight , but they are the default settings and meets the requirement for some board manufacturers. Other manuf. have other requirements and might be able to make boards with higer resolution and thus can use another set of rules. But I do agree, the rules should default be more representative for todays manufacturers. Ask your manf. for his req.

best regards
vidar (z)

how to hide polygon eagle

Thanks Vidar. I was confused because when you close the clearance warning dialog box it leaves the patterns between the SMD pads. I was expecting the pattern to go away after closing the error. Part of the 'learning curve' I guess.

Nathan

eagle 4.15 cam processor device ps

hi
quistion is HOW CAN I MAKE GREEN MASK FOR A BOARD FROM INSIDE EAGLE
i have asked this quistion before but the answer was to make every thing invisible but the pads and export as image the invert in photoshop
is'nt there a way or ulp to do it inside eagle
thanx

create thermals in eagle pcb

1. click in cam icon from the board window.
2. in the section output >> device select ps or ps_inverted according to your needs.
3. give your file a name using .ps as extention in the file text box.
select bstop and any other layer you need.
process job.

ic zip socket eagle pcb library

hi
thanx but i want to print it on paper
how can i print this file

myhome.spu.edu/bolding/ee4211/eagletutorial

mana111 said:
hi
thanx but i want to print it on paper
how can i print this file
Select the layers u want to print and click print in file menu :)

cadsoft eagle 7805

i am new to pcb making ,i am just starting, the company where am i working has ORCAD etc etc but i am not getting anything, could you please let me know the basics to start with pcb designing with any software like eagle for pspice etc,please let me know the meaning of basic terms like silk screen etx

thanks in advance

eagle pcb consistency error

Sorry for the probably dull question, but it seems really strange to me as a new user: Using EAGLE as freeware, I can not copy anything between libraries. Right-click menu on the package in the library tree-view opens a context menu with Add to Board, Copy to Library and New variant in Library options, but all disabled. If I Drag&Drop the package form a library to another it says Invalid Argument.
This happens under Windows, on Linux as I remember options are disabled too, but didn't try to Drag&Drop to se if it works and what error it gives.

Thanks in advance

[EDIT]
Oops, I got it - it copies the object to the open library. Sorry, I hope this helps somebody like me :)
[/EDIT]

eagle cad moving tracks

hi guys,

i'm the creator of this post. can you remember ?
my way of life changed, so i can't help you anymore with eagle :-(
but it's nice to see that you'll help you together!

bye

width error in eagle layout designing

SyNTaXer said:
hi guys,

i'm the creator of this post. can you remember ?
my way of life changed, so i can't help you anymore with eagle :-(
but it's nice to see that you'll help you together!

bye
Not using Eagle anymore????

eagle autorouter ctl file

hi all ,i have 2 questions :
1)in eagle is there a difference between db9 male and female .
2)whats the difference between using for example a max 232 ic and using a DIL 16 from the ic package ?

pins with same name eagle

hassenman said:
hi all ,i have 2 questions :
1)in eagle is there a difference between db9 male and female .
2)whats the difference between using for example a max 232 ic and using a DIL 16 from the ic package ?

1) Yes, there is a difference in pad placement of both connectors. If one has pin 1 on right side the other has it on left. So be careful while using DB connectors.
2) Its just the package you want to use it on your PCB. If you are only interested in schematic, use any package you want provided thier pin-details are same.

dxf2scr help

ok ,thanks for your reply , but i didn't really understood .
i do know therr's a difference in pad , what i wanna know is which one in the connector list is the male and wich is the female , cause in eagle they used some letters i didn't understood.
and about the second question , what's the advantages of using for example maxim rs232 intead of a DIL 16 , if theres some advantages , how can i add the gnd and vcc to maxim 232 cause theres no connection 15 and 16.
thanks a lot guys , and let keep this theard up even if our friend SyNTaXer can't help us anymore .

autorouter setup eagle

The male connector names starts with letter "M" and female with "F" ins "con-subd" library.

The advantage of using MAX232 over DIL16 symbol is that in the former one you have better pin placement on the symbol to make your schematic look neat while in the latter case the schematic would look confusing with criss-crossed wires.

In MAX232 symbol (any many other ICs) the power pins are hidden and need to be manualy made visible. You can do it by clicking "Invoke" button and then click on MAX232 symbol. It will show a list containing invisible pins. You can select the power pins and click ok. Now it will place the power pins in your schematic.

eagle pcb vdd vcc

Hello,
Can anyone tell me where can I download a copy of Eagle?
I liked it, and i want to use it to make PCB layout,

Also, I have another strange question, is Eagle better or OrCAD for PCB design?

I need an honest answer :D

Thanks alot in advance,
Ahmad

autoplace ulp

i got a copy form their official site , but when i did my schematic then switched to board , it didn't want to autoroute , should i do it manually or get a full copy of eagle ?
is the autoroute solution efficient?

need help eagle smd cap size

hassenman said:
i got a copy form their official site , but when i did my schematic then switched to board , it didn't want to autoroute , should i do it manually or get a full copy of eagle ?
is the autoroute solution efficient?
It is strange that it didnt want to auto route. You must be doing something wrong.

eagle pcb connector between sheets

this is what i get when i click the autoroute button :

is it because of the light version of teagle or whats going on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back