Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to implement CDMA protocal in ASIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liletian

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab cdma from scratch

Can anyone give me some help how to implement CDMA protocal in ASIC? how to begin it? Is there a similar tutorial which I can have a look?
Thanks

systemview cdma

this is not simple question, it is kind of big project.

cdma implement

cheelgo said:
this is not simple question, it is kind of big project.
Can you explain more? Where is a good way to begin it? Can you recommend some books or online tutorials?
Thanks aaaaa lot

howto implement communication protocol

liletian said:
Can anyone give me some help how to implement CDMA protocal in ASIC? how to begin it? Is there a similar tutorial which I can have a look?
Thanks

first, you need to understand CDMA communication system, you can try Matlab, agilent ADS, SystemView ...
then, you need a lot of ASIC design knowledge, analog, digtal, RF etc.
It's really a big project!

how to implement cdma

wudanyu said:
liletian said:
Thanks

first, you need to understand CDMA communication system, you can try Matlab, agilent ADS, SystemView ...
Can you explain more on this part?

then, you need a lot of ASIC design knowledge, analog, digtal, RF etc.
I did have knowledge on analog and RF, I am learn digital,
is there some tutorial?
Thanks
It's really a big project!

how to implemeny cdma

I'd totally agree with the above, as if you want to implement the whole stuff, then RF, mix-signal, digital and even maybe power has to be concerned.

However, if you are looking forward to implement the digital parts (in my understanding, just deal with digital data in and out), you should first check CDMA protocol and which communication layer it belongs to.

Then, maybe you should go find C code for the protocol, then try implement that into HDL. Building from scratch is very difficult as I believe.

Just some ideas as I havent tried similar projects. Hope to help.

cdma c code

vtmc said:
I'd totally agree with the above, as if you want to implement the whole stuff, then RF, mix-signal, digital and even maybe power has to be concerned.

However, if you are looking forward to implement the digital parts (in my understanding, just deal with digital data in and out), you should first check CDMA protocol and which communication layer it belongs to.

Then, maybe you should go find C code for the protocol, then try implement that into HDL. Building from scratch is very difficult as I believe.

Just some ideas as I havent tried similar projects. Hope to help.
This is great comments, where can find the C code for the protocol?
So the steps for the digital part is:
1) use C code to simulate the protocol
Do we actually need a C compiler too?
How about the compiler process?
2) implement C code in verilog
3) how about test and synthesis?
Does anyone have similar experience before?
Thanks

implementing cdma in c

To being with, try to get the CDMA specification, understand the protocol and get back to the forum after going these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back