Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create a bypass model for AU faults seen in DFT coverage test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badola

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

In my design i have pll, cpu and embedded memories as black box. I am generating the stuckat reconfigure patterns using fastscan. I am loosing some 4.13% covergae because of black boxes only. This coverage loss is because of AU faults. I checked one AU fault, it is showing that the fault before the black box in not observed at the output. I have some 24k scan cells in my design. After pattern generation i am getting 17k AU faults. Now the issue is if i try to add observe point at each Au fault then my area is increasing almost twice. Can anyone suggest me how should i create a bypass model for faults for bypassing the black boxes. I am usinf DFT compiler for scan insertion and Design Compiler for synthesis. I am using set_test_point_element command for adding the observe point. Please suggest where should and how should i make the bypass logic.
Looking forward for help from u guys.
Thanks in advance.

sudhanshu

dft test coverage

can u give your drc report with violations?

site:www.edaboard.com dft

Hello Friend,

Insert test point elebents (both observe and control points) around the RAMs and CPU (be acreful of analog nodes/ports of CPU if any). Do not touch PLL.

Test points will work to improve coverage. But inserting the TPs at right location is very important.

If u insert TPs, they will take care of bypassing the logic.

asic-dft.com
Sunil Budumuru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back