Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to choose the MOM capacitor for 10 bit SAR ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardtang85

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently designing a 10-bit Charge-Redistribution SAR ADC. I will be using MOM capacitors to form the Capacitive DAC since MOM offer smaller capacitance and hence, smaller power consumption.

However, does any one know which configuration of MOM capacitor is better for the design? For example, how many metal layer, metal length, asymmetry design (extra metal layer to shield from substrate), symmetry design?

In addition, I found that there are 3 terminal for a MOM capacitors, in which, one connected to the top plate, one connected to the bottom plate, and last one to the substrate. Does anyone know the substrate terminal should connected to what potential and what purpose it serve?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

By the way, may I know how does a Vertical Parallel Plate capacitor looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back