Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find the time constant

the_dumbwine

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Okay so I have a circuit, which I have attached given below.
3AdjD.png

Now I want to find the time constant of the circuit, considering there is equal caps placed at node X and Y.
The problem that I am facing is for small signal model i can easily find the time constant while the circuit is in small signal domain but since this is a latch circuit the feedback is positive so i assumed that all transistor get out of small signal domain and then it enters into large signal domain assuming all the transistors are in saturation, so i apply large signal model of mosfets in saturation but in this stage how should i find the time constant.

I would be a great help if you could provide me with a transfer function of (Vin1-Vin2)/(Vx-Vy) where the function is independent of Vy and Vx, because when I am solving, I am getting the dependence of Vx and Vx in the transfer function, so if someone knows how to solve it would be a great help.

Do you want to share your calculations?
Did you try to generate a small signal formulation for the M3&M4 structure?

Since the load is not shown and neither are the gate drive levels
(or the transistor attributes, for that matter) I don't see how a
calculation is practical, let alone useful.

If you only want the form, not the value, I guess you could get there
with device capacitances, on and off currents etc. But in practical
design you would probably just pick library elements and start in
on tweaking W to get what you can, out of it.

Since the load is not shown and neither are the gate drive levels
(or the transistor attributes, for that matter) I don't see how a
calculation is practical, let alone useful.

If you only want the form, not the value, I guess you could get there
with device capacitances, on and off currents etc. But in practical
design you would probably just pick library elements and start in
on tweaking W to get what you can, out of it.
Yes you are correct in practical design we tweak w and l but if i would be able to do through analysis of the circuit in each time frame i guess it would lead to better optimization thats why i am asking and you can consider c as load cap at both the ends of output. and rail voltage as vdd

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back