Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does this transistor circuit work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesh

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
This a logic switch circuit my friend proposed to me .. but i don really understand the circuit can anyone explain hw this circuit works. I need to knw the logic at o/p port when output at U1A is high and low. Thanks

Re: Transistor circuit

First of all, to make this circuit working properly you will need to swap transistors: Q1 should be PNP and Q2 NPN ..
Also, you don't need R4 resistor in this circuit ..

With these changes implemented, the o/p will be H (almost +12V) as both transistors are "ON" .. Q2 saturated by the AND-gate (output of U1 =H as V2 and V3 =H), Q1 saturated by Q2 ..
If output of U1 is L (V2 or V3 is L) then the o/p will be floating, as Q1 is OFF .. and there is nothing else to define the stage of this point ..

Regards,
IanP

Re: Transistor circuit

Hi
After the changes that IanP mentioned above,If you add a resistor of about 5 kΩ
between the O/P port and ground,when the transistor Q1 is off,output will be low and it will not float.

Status
Not open for further replies.