Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How Thevenin theorem work in BJT circuit

Awalluddin

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, as you know a typical bjt circuit how the circuit converted from single voltage source into two voltage source? I understood the Thevenin theorem and the calculation. But I couldn't connect the dot how a single voltage source change to two voltage source. I cannot map my previous knowledge and as you know university dont give a "something" to really teaching. The picture just to depict the transformation the value dont matter.
220px-Voltage_divider_bias.svg.png
images.png

In that circuit, static DC circuit, you can write the BJT equations.

Page 97-99 of attached.

Regards, Dana.

Attachments

• Best GE_-_Transistor_Manual_1964.pdf
    13.2 MB · Views: 65
Hi,

If I understand correctly:

You want to transform the 10V source with 47k ... to a voltage divider supplied by 20V?

First question needs to be:
If we have a 10V source connected to a 47k ...and we draw no current:
What would be the expected output voltage?

So basically - without part calculations - how can we get the same voltage from a resistive divider? (again no current drawn)

Klaus

Awalluddin - I must admit that I do not understand your problem. Example: What is the relation between both circits?
What really is your question?

Hi guys, as you know a typical bjt circuit how the circuit converted from single voltage source into two voltage source? I understood the Thevenin theorem and the calculation. But I couldn't connect the dot how a single voltage source change to two voltage source. I cannot map my previous knowledge and as you know university dont give a "something" to really teaching. The picture just to depict the transformation the value dont matter.
View attachment 187085View attachment 187087
R1 and R2 is the same as a fixed example of a potentiometer with the equivalent resistance at the tap being set to 50% from 20V. The pot would approximately be 100k, but in this case 47k*2.
If you want more info, this topic is well covered in web searches, if you care to look.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: