Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High fanout, but no timing violation. Must fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampiresan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to fix fanout violations

Hi guys,

A research question for myself.

If I have a clock which has high fan-out, but there is no timing violation, no transition time violation.
Do I still need to fix it?
Why?

Vampie

timing violation

I think transition time should not be so large in that the clock tree will dissipate much power if transition time is long.

Possibly.

The transition time will be outside the look up table in the model. This may cause your silicon not to match simulation or STA.

Hi,

If you see the logfile of the PT it will give that the load of the following net has been taken as x (small) value compared to the actual fanout value for caluculating the delay of the net.because of which u may not fine the problem in timing but in the actual case the cell may not drive the signal properly.so place a tree on that net will match results with chip results.

Regards,
Ramesh.S

i think you should do it.

I have seen where primetime, when goes out of the matrices in the .lib, extrapolates the numbers very badly.

you have to fix if u see any Fanout violations. Because your comprimising on fanout to reach your timing goals.

--Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back