Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Power stripe violation near the macro boundary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chenxin Jiang

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there! I encounter some problem when doing power plan using innovus. After I add power stripes and do sroute to connect the core pins, I found that there are violations at the boundary of the macro. It is caused by the via coincide with the io pin of the macros. Also there are spacing violations caused by the via is too close to the boundary of the macro. I add power stripes in M8 & M9 and the macro pins are located at M4. I know I can resolve these violations by moving the macros manually, but I'm wondering if can I set the addStripe/setAddStripeMode/sroute commands correctly to avoid these violations. Could you please give me some idea? I have attached the screenshot of the violation and my power plan commands. Thanks!

WX20240420-095253.png
WX20240420-095846.png
WX20240420-095331.png

moving the macro or moving the stripe are the obvious options.
Thanks Sam! I have resolved the problem by moving the macros away from the power stripes. Could you give me some general tips on adding power stripes? Now I just assign the width, spacing and #sets of the stripes and I feel I cannot control them well.

scripting is usually the way to go. declare a variable x and a variable x_offset. drop the stripes one by one, add x_offset to x, rinse and repeat. add some corner cases in the form of
if (x near macro) then skip
if (x near macro) then apply offset times 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back