Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with impedance matching for IE3D and ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek.vnit

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help on IE3D and ADS

Hi all,
I am doing an antenna simulation using IE3D and its rectifier circuit using ADS at 2.4 GHz. For this I have to do impedance matching of the antenna and the rectifier. Can anytell me which of the following two approaches would be better and how to proceed:

1.) Simulate the antenna in IE3D and use the antenna impedance in the rectifier design in ADS.

2.) Simulate the rectifier in ADS and then use the rectifier input impedance as the output impedance of the antenna in IE3D.

I will donate 50 points to the first person who gives me a solution to this problem and suggests some steps to solve my problem.

Regards,
Abhishek

Re: Help on IE3D and ADS

Let me first check if I got your question correct.
You have an issue in getting IE3D sim into ADS. Is that right?
If so, then I would like to know what data formats does IE3D allows export of sim data? S2P is generally accepted one.
If you have that option, you can import this data into ADS using the data hanling palette and you're on from there.

If I missed out something on your question, please elaborate.

I havent used IE3D, so I am not sure about data export options.
But if you are simulating planar antennas, cant you use ADS MoM.
Best regards
Aswin

Status
Not open for further replies.