Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Floorplan-memory placement..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nantha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Right now i'm doing floorplanning.. Is it possible to rotate macro - 90 degree? How to conform this with LEF.?

regards.
Nantha

Ask your fab. They might impose the rule that poly orientation needs to be uniform for the late technology.

You can also read your LEF file and look for the line "SYMMETRY". If this has the entry "R90" then you can rotate the object.

@phoenixpavan: I'm using SOCE...

@lostinxlation: I think they must be noted in library... i wanna know the way how to find this details in lef.... ;)

@richtbiscuits: Ya, it's right. i've already seen that, It has R90. If R90 means we can rotate only 90degree or MX90, R180,270.....????

Thanks a lot for replies.... ;)
Nantha

Ni Nantha,

As richtbiscuits stated, inside LEF file you'll see SYMETRY statement. Here are what they mean;

SYMMETRY X ; #Can flip about the X axis
SYMMETRY X ; #Can flip about the Y axis
SYMETRY R90 ; #Can rotate 90 degrees

BR,
Gokhan
---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back