Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dummy block in virtuoso layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceyhun

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I'm designing the layout of an analog circuit in virtuoso layout. In some of the components I use there are dummy blocks. What do these blocks do? Why do I have to use them?

Thanks

• If block = (any) device: devices at both (or all 4) sides of other (2 or more) devices of the same type, which need good matching (keeping matching environment)
  • If block = standardCell or any other cell: to have spare parts in case a redesign/repair has to be done. In this case, pay attention that such spare parts can be reconnected by changing metal1 only (repair by 1-mask-change). And those spare dummy cells shouldn't be placed too far from where they could be needed ;-) . Mix dummy stdCells between the used stdCells!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back