Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dose Analog IC Design & Layout have a good future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannavaro777

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a student.I am facing a question of choising job.I like Analog IC Design.It is a good job?

Hi,
It is a good job only.but u also studied in VLSI.do many projects based on ur wish

By now, Problems what I have met in my ICs always have some relation with analog design.
It's very very important.

If you have interest then go for analog design, if just looking for job prospect then do some market study. Analog is no doubt very good field but getting into it is not easy at all. Most of the jobs in the industry are of digital domain..

Actally,my favourist is layout.Is it very good?

raduga_in said:
sp said:
haha... it's just polygons & polygons...

and a lot of thinking to arrange according to Physics of process ..

yeah..for me its not just polygon..when you come to the top cell,
it will be more challenging..

Layout designer is in need today..You can have a good future...
And also try circuit design if you want more more n more challenging work..

Do you realy think that Bachelor degree is necessary to be a good layouter?

analog is indeed a good field for you participate,you will be very much interested in it.but when you find your job,there will be a lot of problems that you will find digital students will have more oppotunities than analog ones.

izye said:
raduga_in said:
sp said:
haha... it's just polygons & polygons...

and a lot of thinking to arrange according to Physics of process ..

yeah..for me its not just polygon..when you come to the top cell,
it will be more challenging..

Layout designer is in need today..You can have a good future...
And also try circuit design if you want more more n more challenging work..

Hi,
I think automatic layout generation with CADs is the future !

The future is weak for us.

Certainly it has a good future.But is will also has to adapt to the changes,like the transition from vaccum tube to tansistors,it will also transite from transistors to something others.

freelancer said:
Certainly it has a good future.But is will also has to adapt to the changes,like the transition from vaccum tube to tansistors,it will also transite from transistors to something others.

It is hard to happen...if there is new tech, now we must know it already:)

it will not be eliminated. if you have a background on analog design then digital would be easier.

Dear SP,

Analog Layout is not polggon pushing... your thinking is totally wrong...
if u imagine ur layers (layout polygons) with physically, then it is intresting.

Hiiii ,

For analog layout automation will be difficult .Because its not just connecting b/w 2

points , It needs so many factors like matching , coupling etc. Ie why Analog

layout is an art . The layout designer should know what is happening inside....

Regards,
Analayout.

I think it has good future if you focus on quantum electronics, that is the future of IC design
good luck

My opinion is that analog will change but it still has a good future.For our students and engineers,we must prepare for these changs such as quatum and molecular electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back