Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detecting covert tracking device

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome thinking outside the box Vbase .... nice one :)

ohhh and love your signature .... "Engineers who only use simulators are only Simulated Engineers."

I have never used simulator software. I build and experiment with the values till it works
It may end up taking longer, but it give me much valuable hands on experience :)

Dave

Last edited:

It is more likely that the device detects movement by its GPS and not by being wired to your speedometer or your wheels.
It is also likely that the device is independent of your car battery.
In this cases your car must be moving to operate the device.
Is there a short crossing ferry service near? you can do all the measurements while the ferry sails.
You can also load your car on a big closed lorry and do the tests while it is moving.
If all fails sell the car to someone you don't like.

Yes, it is likely not to be connected to the speedometer or wheels. It has been active for close to a year. I dont believe it is using an independent battery. I can put the car on a trailer to do testing, except the device can likely be remotely deactivated if testing is suspected.

Selling the car would be a wasted opportunity and if you understood the complexity of my problem you wouldnt either. This is a goldmine of wealth waiting to be extracted. This car was purchased used but from a dealer lot and from 3 different dealers before I got fed up and decided I was going to be the one to do it. Every purchasable car in my city has been implanted with these devices and that isnt even mentioning craigslist. I had to go nearly an hour from my home to get a car without one. This is a infestation of electronic pests beyond words can describe and its a dirty job but somebodies got to do it.

I have a better picture now.
I guess still the only option is to look for it under the bonnet.

I have a better picture now.
I guess still the only option is to look for it under the bonnet.

It would be the best option when it is a one time thing. It isnt an efficient solution to spend 5-6 hours and possibly even more on a single vehicle only to find nothing when offering a paid service. There are hundreds of thousands of individuals all across the world that have this pest problem and dont even know it. Its going to get solved in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back