Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design compiler student workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

biku777

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
clock skew

what are different kinds of skew in digital integrated circuits??can anyone explain it in details
:?:

Re: clock skew

This book will help u

Digital integrated circuits - rabaey
Chapter 10.

research_vlsi said:
This book will help u

Digital integrated circuits - rabaey
Chapter 10.

i've that book... i want to know about useful skew,local skew ,global skew and all those things..it's not given in this book

i've that book... i want to know about useful skew,local skew ,global skew and all those things..it's not given in this book

Dear Biku,

useful skew:- This is the min skew required to meet both setup and hold violations of a path.

Sometimes, what happens, when we try to meet setup with skew=0(practically 0 skew is not possible) then hold get disturbs and vice-versa. so in that case we keep some skew in between the flops to meet both setup and hold. This skew is useful skew.

Local skew:- This is the skew between two adjacent flops of the same clock path.
like between 1&2, or 2&3, or 3&4 ...............

Global skew:- This is the max skew between two flops of the same clock path.
like if max skew for the above mentioned group is between 1&4 then that is global skew.

I hope its enough..

biku777

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back